By Inkjet Insight / Published:

Term for a continuous roll of paper that forms on a papermaking machine, or the paper roll that is used uncut in web offset lithography. Paper webs can either be cut into sheets at the papermill, or sent to printers in roll form.

A web also refers to any roll of substrate—be it paper, paperboard, or a plastic film—used in web-fed gravure and flexography.

In Internet terminology, the term Web is a shorthand term for the World Wide Web. See World Wide Web.